Cooking croissants and chocolatines at home is simple and so satisfying! A lovely scent will perfume your home and you will have hot viennoiseries to eat without having to take off your pajamas!
Here is the instruction for a perfect viennoiserie:
1. Place the croissants and chocolatines on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. For an optimal result, put the tail of the croissant towards the baking sheet, as well for the crease under the chocolatine. Leave enough space between each viennoiserie for them to proof properly.
2. Let sit in the oven, turned off and cold, for about 8 hours, or overnight and let the magic happen! If the air in the house is very dry, you can put a bowl of lukewarm water.
*Chef’s Tip : if you want to speed up the proof time, you can put a bowl of hot water next to the baking sheet and turn on the oven light. The proofing time should be around 3 hours. Make sure the temperature does not exceed 80°F, otherwise the butter may melt.
3. When the viennoiseries have doubled in size, take them out of the oven and preheat to 400°F.
*Chef’s Tip : if your oven allows it, now is the time to turn on the convection mode! Your croissants will be more flaky!
4. If you want shiny and golden croissants and chocolatines like ours, you can gently brush them with a beaten egg yolk before putting them in the oven.
5. Bake for 13 to 18 minutes or until golden. If you opted for convection mode on your oven, it is normal for the baking time to be faster.
One you have tried our viennoiseries, you won’t want to go back! Your family brunches have never been so delicious. Do not forget to stop through the ready-to-bake section of your Moulins La Fayette on your next visit.