Five generations of artisanal family know-how!
years of history
in Québec for retailer performance
Author-Founder, Johnny Jeulin is a fifth-generation baker, pastry chef, and chocolatier.
He started his first business at the age of 20 in La Loupe, France.
Inspired by a French entrepreneur, Johnny Jeulin came to Canada to share his artisanal know-how, which has been recognized on multiple occasions.
- He took part in the World Guinness Record for the largest cake in the world gifted by the French in Quebec as part of the 350th anniversary of the City of Montreal;
- He was selected by the Pastry Chef Association to represent Canada at the World Cup of Pastry and Chocolate;
- He is the recipient of the Diplôme d’honneur for the quality of its bread, awarded by the Confédération des Boulangers régionaux de France ;
- He won an award at the Gala d’excellence de la Vallée de Saint-Sauveur in the 16 and over employees’ category;
- He is the recipient of the Retail Business Order of Merit.
Johnny Jeulin is the author of Les Créations La Fayette, which is based on a strategy combining vision, value, and mission.
The first Les Moulins La Fayette licensed branch opens in the village of Saint-Sauveur, in Quebec.
Mr. Jeulin is convinced that he can offer his products to the different regions of Quebec and provinces of Canada. He decides to make his winning formula available to serious and motivated entrepreneurs. To achieve his goal, he chooses to expand its commercial network by issuing operating licenses.
Le Fonds régional de solidarité des Laurentides notices the project and joins forces the following year for the development of the Les Moulins La Fayette network.
The project requires the construction of a 40,000 square foot production center in Mirabel, Quebec, which is an essential tool for the anticipated development.
The first store outside Canada opens in Miami Beach, Florida, in the United States.
Léger, the largest Canadian-owned survey, marketing research, and analytics company, ranks Les Moulins La Fayette no1 in Quebec for retailer performance based on 16 dimensions of customer experience, with a score of 83.5 out of 100.
The brand Les Moulins La Fayette is a reference in North America for the quality and taste of its products. Its notoriety is getting increased attention from Canadian and American media.
- Les Moulins La Fayette and Productions La Fayette are trademarks that act under the aegis of the head office of Universel Concept Développement Inc. The legal form adopted for development in Canada is licensing. The licensing concept allows for the sharing of skills, responsibilities, and know-how of each (Productions La Fayette, Les Moulins La Fayette, and Universel Concept Développement (production, sales, development, and marketing)).